Forums

Home Forums General Configuration XBOX Live problems

XBOX Live problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Collins2404
    Participant

My sons XBOX live is blocked. How do I allow it? I am using OpenDNS Home & I have listed these as allowed (live.com, xbox.com & xboxlive.com) but it still won’t allow connection.

support
    Keymaster

Can you try enabling UPnP?

Collins2404
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. I enabled UPnP & XBOX Live is now working, Thank you! What is UPnP? Will enabling UPnP cause other problems?

Collins2404
    Participant

I’m sorry I spoke too soon. XBOX Live works but I accidently unchecked “Block proxy, VPN, TOR” before I enabled UPnP. I then tried UPnP enabled but checked “Block proxy, VPN, TOR” & the XBOX Live will not work. So I disabled UPnP & unchecked “Block proxy, VPN, TOR” & now XBOX Live works. Will unblocking proxy, VPN & TOR cause me other problems?
    When XBOX Live wasn’t working I checked the internet connection on the XBOX & it said “Can’t get a Teredo IP address”. Does TOR stand for Teredo?

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update. TOR stands for The Onion Router – one of the tricks to bypass parental control. The “Block proxy, VPN, TOR” box blocks such bypassing techniques. These techniques are usually used from a PC, the possibility of using them on an Xbox is low. Therefore, I would suggest putting XBox in its own profile, uncheck “Block proxy, VPN, TOR” for that profile. Put the PCs in a different profile with “Block proxy, VPN, TOR” checked.

Microsoft recommends turning on UPnP if you have connectivity issues with Xbox. But some people reported that UPnP is not needed for Xbox One. So I gather you have an Xbox One also?

Collins2404
    Participant

Yes it is an Xbox One & thanks for the brilliant suggestion! We are so happy with our pcWRT router!!! I cannot believe they are not sold in some of the big box electronics retailers. I am shouting your praises to all my friends & family! Thanks again from a very happy mom & dad 🙂

jblbbj
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m having Xbox internet connection problems too.
    I’ve setup the software as suggested but can’t get past the router.
    The differences between Collins and mine are;
    My sons is a XBox 360
    Not sure if this matters but His is Wired, not Wifi.

I’ve only had in my network a few days and my devises, profiles and rules are starting to come together.
    Do we register the pcWRT with you anywhere?
    Thanks,
    John

support
    Keymaster

John, for Xbox 360, you’ll need to uncheck “Block proxy, VPN, TOR” as well as enable UPnP. Please let us know if that works. If not, let us know what the specific errors/warnings are. Wired or wireless does not matter.

And, you don’t need to register the device.

jblbbj
    Participant

Hi,
    Ok I’m connected and working well.
    But when I go to “Status” and look for a new IP on Connected Devices I don’t see it.
    Refreshed a couple of times.
    It is hard wired.

On a side note,
    Kids are frustrated with me.
    Starting to get the hang of the Rules and Calendars.

So far happy with the pcWRT.

Thanks,
    –John

support
    Keymaster

John, thanks for your feedback. We’ll fix the problem you reported in upcoming updates.

raffy
    Participant

Exactly the same as John. X360 only connects with advice above but doesn’t appear in status list.

JodyGourley
    Participant

My son’s XBox 360 says it can not obtain IP address.

support
    Keymaster

@JodyGourley So wifi connection fails, you haven’t got to the point to test XBox Live connectivity yet, right? If so, can you try wired connection? Are you able to obtain an IP address via wire?

JodyGourley
    Participant

That is a wired connection. It is plugged in to the Belkin that is plugged in to the Pcwrt router. I will check the plugs when I get home maybe it is loose.

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

@JodyGourley You may also want to try connecting the Xbox directly to pcWRT to see if you can get an IP address.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.