Forums

Home Forums Parental Control Youtube

Youtube

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anwar
    Participant

Hi,

One thing I noticed about youtube forced restricted mode is that it is more strict than the option available in youtube’s app. My daughter had few videos in her favorites which can be played with the restricted mode being activated from the app. But when I enabled the restricted mode on the router level, those videos are no longer available. Even search results have become very strict showing only kids stuff. Is there a way to force the strict mode to the same level available in the app? I hope it is clear.

Thanks,

support
    Keymaster

Yes, YouTube Restricted Mode enforced at the network level is more restrictive than that at the browser or app level. That’s how Google had it. At present you’ll have to rely on the browser or app setting if the network-wide setting is too restrictive (even though it can be easily bypassed by the knowledgeable kid). We don’t have a perfect solution at the moment but will explore ways to fix this if Google won’t sync up their solutions.

gangwang
    Participant

I saw the google app has two or three level restricted mode setting in network…can they work in router level?\

by the way, How we as parent push youtube to set a moderate restricted mode? app or PC level is joke ..so easy to change..need higher level control or password lock.

support
    Keymaster

@gangwang Thank you so much for the suggestion! We’ll look into this.

support
    Keymaster

@gangwang We added YouTube moderate restricted mode to update v1.21.5. Please update and check it out. And thanks for the suggestion!

bendgen
    Participant

I just bought the pcwrt router and it says that the firmware is up to date. However, I am not seeing a moderate restricted mode. Also, is there a way to set youtube to restricted mode on a schedule in the calendar setting.

Thanks,
    Ben

support
    Keymaster

@bendgen What’s the current version of your firmware? You can find it at the bottom right corner of the router management page.

As of now, you can’t set a calendar for YouTube restricted mode. But that’s a good suggestion. We’ll see if this can be added in a future update.

bendgen
    Participant

Here is the version: pcWRT TORONTO-Nb v1.21.4

Thanks!
    Ben

support
    Keymaster

Please try again. Thanks!

bendgen
    Participant

That did it. Works great!

Much Thanks!
    Ben

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.