Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Extending main and all guest networks with a 2nd pcwrt

Extending main and all guest networks with a 2nd pcwrt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    timbo777
    Participant

Hi,

As the current networks from my pcwrt do not reach everywhere in my home i am wondering if i were to get a second pcwrt if it would be able to mirror/extend all 5 of the current wifi networks?

Better yet if i would be able to choose which of the networks to extend.

Thank you

support
    Keymaster

You don’t need a second pcWRT. A normal extender or repeater would work. Or, you can use a mesh router as AP. Put the mesh router in bridge mode then connect to the pcWRT.

timbo777
    Participant

so the normal extender and repeater would extend all the networks/SSIDs? During setup of an extender you choose one SSID to join to and extend, does this end up extending all the pcwrt networks?

support
    Keymaster

Normal extenders extend one SSID at a time. So you’ll need multiple extenders for multiple networks. But there are dual band extenders that will let you extend one 2.4GHz and one 5GHz. The pcWRT router currently does not support extender mode.

timbo777
    Participant

ok thank you. are there any plans for integrating extender mode where you can select which networks/vlans you’d like to extend. would be a great feature.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.