Forums

Home Forums Parental Control Google Hangout

Google Hangout

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Magicdancingblade
    Participant

I am trying to block Google Hangouts without blocking Google email. Need help.

support
    Keymaster

@Magicdancingblade You can block hangouts.google.com and hangout.google.com.

knoxploration
    Participant

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but this is the closest I could find to my own question. I have time restrictions set up for internet access as described in Scenario 1 here:

How to set Internet access time limits in pcWRT

If I want to allow Google Hangouts at times where internet access is otherwise restricted, so my son can contact his mum while we’re socially isolating but not use the internet for anything else at those times, do I just need to set up a calendar with hangouts.google.com and hangout.google.com under sites, or is there anything else I’ll need to add to sites to enable video calling at my chosen times?

support
    Keymaster

@knoxploration You’ll need to create a second Calendar. Enter the time slots and the domains needed to set up a Google hangouts call.

In addition to hangouts.google.com, you probably need accounts.google.com and/or accounts.youtube.com.

Try to set up a call between a device connected to WiFi and a phone on LTE/5G mobile network connection. See what domains are blocked by Calendar in the Internet logs. Add the needed domains to the Calendar until you can establish the Hangouts call successfully.

knoxploration
    Participant

That worked, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.