Forums

Home Forums Troubleshooting Google Meet problem with network firewall?

Google Meet problem with network firewall?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    nojeffries
    Participant

When I try to link to a Google Meet video conference through home wifi with windows 10 I am unable to receive/transmit audio or video and get kicked out of the meeting within 30-60 seconds with an error stating “Couldn’t start the video call because of a network error. Please check your firewall settings and try again.” I can get the connection to work when I go through my android phone’s hotspot. Wife has same problem – gets the same error with her Mac through the home wifi, but can get through when hotspotting through her iPhone.

Zoom and webex conference calls works fine over wifi so it seems a Google Meet specific problem with my wifi set up. Any suggestions for getting Google Meet to work? I have pcWRT TORONTO-AC v1.25

support
    Keymaster

@nojeffries You probably have “Block Literal IP address” and/or “Block Proxy/VPM” checked on the profile. Turn those off and Google Meet will work.

nojeffries
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, your suggestion works. Thanks again

goldie
    Participant

@support How to turn those off

support
    Keymaster

@goldie On the Access Control page, expand the profile you want to update, uncheck the boxes for “Block Literal IP address” and “Block Proxy/VPM”, then click Save.

goldie
    Participant

@support i am having problem while opening from firefox but from google chrome its okay.what can i do?

support
    Keymaster

@goldie Then maybe the problem is not that the router was blocking Google Meet. You can check the Internet logs page to see if anything is blocked while you are using Google Meet.

goldie
    Participant

where can i find that internet log page

support
    Keymaster

@goldie Go to the Access Control page, there’s a “View Logs” link to the right of the page title.

ANGEL
    Participant

@support where do i find the access control page in macbook

ANGEL
    Participant

@support how do i do this?
    You probably have “Block Literal IP address” and/or “Block Proxy/VPM” checked on the profile. Turn those off and Google Meet will work.

support
    Keymaster

@ANGEL Open your browser, log on the router management page. Click on the Apps link on the top and you’ll see the Access Control icon on the page.

20muhanna04
    Participant

When I try to link to a Google Meet video conference through home wifi with windows 10 I am unable to receive/transmit audio or video and get kicked out of the meeting within 30-60 seconds with an error stating “Couldn’t start the video call because of a network error. Please check your firewall settings and try again.” I can get the connection to work when I go through my android phone’s hotspot. Wife has same problem – gets the same error with her Mac through the home wifi, but can get through when hotspotting through her iPhone.

Zoom and webex conference calls works fine over wifi so it seems a Google Meet specific problem with my wifi set up. Any suggestions for getting Google Meet to work?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by 20muhanna04.
    support
    Keymaster

@20muhanna04 You may check the Internet Access logs to see if any domain needed by Google Meet is blocked.

amara
    Participant

@support When I try to link to a Google Meet video conference through home wifi with windows 10 I am unable to receive/transmit audio or video and get kicked out of the meeting within 30-60 seconds with an error stating ‘Couldn’t start the video call because of a network error. Please check your firewall settings and try again.” explain to me how to fix this please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.