Forums

Home Forums General Configuration Internet Configuration

Internet Configuration

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    support
    Keymaster

In the Internet Settings page, protocol should be DHCP, not PPPoE, i.e., no need to enter Xfinity username/password. Please try:

1. On the System Settings page, click “Sync Time with Browser”.
    2. On the Internet Settings page, select “DHCP client” for protocol.
    2. Wipe out “Override MAC address”. This will restore the MAC address to the default.
    3. Click the Save button at the bottom of the Internet Settings page.

Wait for 5 minutes and check the Status page again.

If the Internet status is still down and you want to try overriding the MAC address, take the MAC address of the computer you connected to the modem previously and put it in the “Override MAC address” box.

Rpow
    Participant

good evening i run spectrum as my isp i got a older modem and going to update. any sugestions on what type and speeds i need b4 i connect
    your new router cf xr-10 thanks

support
    Keymaster

@rpow There are no minimum speed requirements to connect the router. The maximum WAN speed (Internet side) it can handle is 1Gbps.

Rpow
    Participant

Just got my new modem set up router per passwords plug into wan unable to connect any help appreciate modem to pc is good
    Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

support
    Keymaster

@rpow You should be able to connect to the router WiFi even without connecting the router to your modem. Did you see the pcwrt-5g SSID on your computer? Connect your computer to the pcwrt-5g SSID and load http://192.168.10.1 in your browser.

jpkelson
    Participant

Re: the post from Support, July 2, 2023, 4:59 p.m.: Obviously, it took me some time to get back to this project.

After taking the 4 steps you suggested, still no internet connection. Then, I entered the MAC address of the computer previously connected to the modem in the “override MAC address” box, as you suggested. BINGO! Now the router is fully operational. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.