How to setup NordVPN IKEv2 on the pcWRT router
Download root CA certificate for NordVPN IKEv2 connections
Download the NordVPN IKEv2 Certificate from here: https://downloads.nordcdn.com/certificates/root.der
Add a NordVPN IKEv2 connection
- Log on the pcWRT console, open the “strongSwan (IPsec)” page under Apps.
- Under the Client tab, check the network you want to enable NordVPN for, then click the Add button under “Auth Configs” to add a new authentication configuration for NordVPN.
- In the “Add IPsec Auth Config” dialog:
- Enter a name for the Auth Config
- In the Server Certificate field, select the NordVPN IKEv2 certificate file downloaded above
- Enter your NordVPN username and password in the MSCHAPv2 username & password fields.
Click OK to dismiss the dialog.
- Click the Add button under Connections. Then, enter a name for the IKEv2 connection, enter the server host name to connect to, select the Auth Config created in the previous step. Click OK.
- Click the Save button to save changes.
Start a NordVPN IKEv2 connection
- Click on the blue “Play” button to start the NordVPN IKEv2 connection.
- If connection is successful, a green dot will appear on the left of the connection configuration line. In case of connection failure, click on the “log” icon to view IKEv2 logs.