» How To
» How to setup ProtonVPN OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
How to setup ProtonVPN OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
Download ProtonVPN OpenVPN configuration files
Log in to protonvpn.com, click Downloads, select Router and protocol, then download the
.ovpn configuration file.
Add a ProtonVPN OpenVPN connection
- Log on the pcWRT console, open the OpenVPN page under Apps.
- Under the Client tab, check the network you want to enable ProtonVPN VPN for, then click the Add button to add a new ProtonVPN OpenVPN connection.
- In the “Add VPN Configuration” dialog:
- Enter a name for the connection
- Select the .ovpn file you downloaded above
- Enter your VPN username and password (not your protonvpn.com username and password).
- Click “Submit”
- Click the Save button to save changes.
Start a ProtonVPN OpenVPN connection
- Click on the blue “Play” button to start the ProtonVPN OpenVPN connection.
- If connection is successful, a green dot will appear on the left of the connection configuration line. In case of connection failure, click on the “log” icon to view OpenVPN logs.
If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it!