» How To
» How to setup Windscribe OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
How to setup Windscribe OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
Download Windscribe OpenVPN configuration files
- Log in to your Windscribe account.
- Go to the OpenVPN Config Generator: https://windscribe.com/getconfig/openvpn
- Select the server, protocol, port and cipher (AES-GCM is preferred), then click Download Config.
- Click Get Credentials to get your username/password for the OpenVPN connection.
Add a Windscribe OpenVPN connection
- Log on the pcWRT console, open the OpenVPN page under Apps.
- Under the Client tab, check the network you want to enable Windscribe VPN for, then click the Add button to add a new VPN connection.
- In the “Add VPN Configuration” dialog:
- Enter a name for the connection
- Select the OpenVPN configuration file you downloaded above
- Enter your Windscribe OpenVPN username and password (not the Windscribe account username/password)
- Click “Submit”
- Click the Save button to save changes.
Start a Windscribe OpenVPN connection
- Click on the blue “Play” button to start the Windscribe OpenVPN connection.
- If the connection is successful, a green dot will appear on the left of the connection configuration line. In case of a connection failure, click on the “log” icon to view OpenVPN logs.
If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it!