How to flash the Torch router with pcWRT
What you need:
- Download the firmware image from here. MD5 checksum: e2f1bb281dd9f78cd603faf515491548.
- A TFTP server. You can use PumpKIN if you don’t have a favorite one. Download the appropriate binary for your operating system.
The steps (using Windows as example below).
- Configure your Ethernet address: open Windows network center, click “Change adapter settings”. Find the Ethernet adapter and change the IP v4 properties. Set the IP address to 192.168.99.8 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0.
- Configure Windows firewall: make sure Windows firewall allows PumpKIN through.
- Start PumpKIN, make sure “Server is running” is checked at the lower right corner.