How to setup IVPN OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
Download IVPN OpenVPN configuration files
Download IVPN OpenVPN configuration files from here: https://www.ivpn.net/releases/config/ivpn-openvpn-config.zip. Extract the .ovpn files from the zip file.
Add an IVPN OpenVPN connection
- Log on the pcWRT console, open the “OpenVPN” page under Apps.
- Under the Client tab, check the network you want to enable IVPN VPN for, then click the Add button to add a new IVPN OpenVPN connection.
- In the “Add VPN Configuration” dialog:
- Enter a name for the connection
- Select the .ovpn file for the server you want to connect to
- Enter your IVPN account ID as username. You can enter anything for password.
- Click “Submit”
- Click the Save button to save changes.
Start an IVPN OpenVPN connection
- Click on the blue “Play” button to start the IVPN OpenVPN connection.
- If connection is successful, a green dot will appear on the left of the connection configuration line. In case of connection failure, click on the “log” icon to view OpenVPN logs.