» How To
» How to setup ExpressVPN OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
How to setup ExpressVPN OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
Download OpenVPN configuration files
- Log in to your ExpressVPN account.
- Click on the Setup button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on Manual Configuration.
- Take a note of your username and password. Expand the server list. Click on a server link to download the
Add an ExpressVPN OpenVPN connection
- Log on the pcWRT console, open the OpenVPN page under Apps.
- Under the Client tab, check the network you want to enable ExpressVPN OpenVPN for, then click the Add button to add a new VPN connection.
- In the “Add VPN Configuration” dialog:
- Enter a name for the connection
- Select the .ovpn file you downloaded above
- Enter your ExpressVPN OpenVPN username and password (not your login username/password)
- Click “Submit”
- Click the Save button to save changes.
Start an ExpressVPN OpenVPN connection
- Click on the blue “Play” button to start the ExpressVPN OpenVPN connection.
- If connection is successful, a green dot will appear on the left of the connection configuration line. In case of connection failure, click on the “log” icon to view OpenVPN logs.
If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it!