» How To
» How to setup Private Internet Access OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
How to setup Private Internet Access OpenVPN on the pcWRT router
Download OpenVPN configuration files
- Log in to your Private Internet Access account.
- Under the MY ACCOUNT tab, click Go to OpenVPN Generator
- Select Linux and the region for the server you wish to connect to.
- Select the protocol parameter config you want to use, then click Generate.
Add a Private Internet Access OpenVPN connection
- Log on the pcWRT console, open the OpenVPN page under Apps.
- Under the Client tab, check the network you want to enable Private Internet Access OpenVPN for, then click the Add button to add a new VPN connection.
- In the “Add VPN Configuration” dialog:
- Enter a name for the connection
- Select the .ovpn file you downloaded above
- Enter your Private Internet Access username and password
- Click “Submit”
- Click the Save button to save changes.
Start a Private Internet Access OpenVPN connection
- Click on the blue “Play” button to start the Private Internet Access OpenVPN connection.
- If connection is successful, a green dot will appear on the left of the connection configuration line. In case of connection failure, click on the “log” icon to view OpenVPN logs.
If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it!