» How To
» How to setup StrongVPN on the pcWRT router (IKEv2)
How to setup StrongVPN on the pcWRT router (IKEv2)
Get the Server Key and Server Name
- Log in your StrongVPN account
- Click on “VPN Accounts”, then “VPN Accounts Summary”
- Click on the “Account Setup Instructions” button.
- Scroll down to the “Manual setup” section, click on the “PPTP/L2TP/ikev2” button.
- Select country, city, then click the Get Credentials button.
Add a StrongVPN IKEv2 connection
- Log on the pcWRT console, open the strongSwan (IPsec) page under Apps.
- Under the Client tab, check the network you want to enable StrongVPN for, then click the Add button under “Auth Configs” to add a new authentication configuration for StrongVPN.
- In the “Add IPsec Auth Config” dialog:
- Enter a name for the VPN Auth Config
- Select “IPsec XAuth PSK” for VPN Type
- Enter the Pre-shared Key obtained from your StrongVPN account page
- Enter your VPN user name and password
- Click OK to dismiss the dialog.
- Click the Add button under Connections. Then, enter a name for the IKEv2 connection, enter the server host name to connect to, select the Auth Config created in the previous step. Click OK.
- Click the Save button to save changes.
Start a StrongVPN IKEv2 connection
- Click on the blue “Play” button to start the StrongVPN IKEv2 connection.
- If the connection is successful, a green dot will appear on the left of the connection configuration line. In case of a connection failure, click on the “log” icon to view IKEv2 logs.